VB COM error - Out of Memory

Thread: VB COM error - Out of Memory

King Wilder Guest

Default VB COM error - Out of Memory

This may sound like a stupid question, but I&#039m going to ask it anyway. What does this mean? Before you quickly write back saying, "Duh, it means your &#039out of memory&#039!", let me tell you that I&#039ve got a Dell 800 Mhz box with 512MB RAM and 18GB HD and it has worked for weeks up until a couple days ago.<BR><BR>Further more I get this error with only HomeSite, VB 6.0 and IE open. I&#039ve been working on this component for several weeks now and suddenly since my last compile, I get this error when I try to debug (F5 or F8).<BR><BR>I&#039ve tried reversing what I recently did but I still get this error. I&#039m building the component on a Win2K Server box and using COM+ Transactions (MTS).<BR><BR>Since I can&#039t even step through the code to find out where this might be throwing the error, I&#039m at a loss as to what to do. The other strange thing is, that I can successfully compile the DLL and it works fine, and fast.<BR><BR>But I&#039d really like to know why this error is occurring.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>King Wilder

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: VB COM error - Out of Memory

What service pack of Visual Studio are you using??? They have a version 4 out now, in case you didn&#039t know. (although every SP upgrade I use, something funky happens to my machine)

King Wilder Guest

Default RE: VB COM error - Out of Memory

I have SP 4 installed.<BR><BR>I&#039m still muddling away trying to get this to work. I got past the Out of Memory problem, but I have other problems now.