Aligning Columns in Email message w/o html

Thread: Aligning Columns in Email message w/o html

Default Aligning Columns in Email message w/o html

This is code from CDONTS email, and I was wondering if there is a way to center the headings (Tagnumber, Description, Quantity, Units, Unit Cost) over the items in the next part -- without using html coding (what if addressee&#039s email doesn&#039t support html?) <BR><BR>If not rs2.eof then <BR>strMsg=strMsg&"RFQ ID:"&rs2("rfqid")&chr(10)&vbnewline <BR>&#039strMsg="Tagnumber Description Quantity Units Unit Cost"&vbnewline <BR><BR>do while not rs2.eof <BR>strMsg=strMsg&rs2("tagnumber")&chr(9) <BR>strMsg=strMsg&rs2("equipmentdesc")&chr(9) <BR>strMsg=strMsg&rs2("quan")&chr(9) <BR>strMsg=strMsg&rs2("units")&chr(9) <BR>strMsg=strMsg&FormatCurrency(rs2("unitprice" ), 2)&vbnewline <BR>rs2.movenext <BR>loop <BR>end if <BR><BR><BR>Thanks in Advance!

DeQuicey Guest

Default RE: Aligning Columns in Email message w/o html

I think centering might by a bit difficult, but you should be able to align them, if you know the max length for each field.<BR><BR>Say you want at least 5 spaces between each column (this is your spacer). Also, lets assume tagnumber can be up to 10 digits. The next column heading must begin 1 + 5 spaces after the heading &#039Tagnumber.&#039 That&#039s because len(tagnumber) = 9, add 1 and you have enough space for the actual tag number and then add 5 so you have empty space between columns. Now, for each row you&#039ll have to insert empty spaces inorder to fill out any missing spaces (i.e. one tagnumber is 5 digits instead of 10) and to create some white space between columns.<BR><BR>This works w/ Fixed Width Fonts which I believe CDONTS uses.