Formatting memo fields to recognize carriage retur

Thread: Formatting memo fields to recognize carriage retur

Zola Guest

Default Formatting memo fields to recognize carriage retur

How do I get the memo fields in my Access database to recognize and include carriage returns? Right now, it just mushes everything together.

Default RE: Formatting memo fields to recognize carriage r

This is because HTML ignores white space and carraige returns. You need to replace all carraige returns with the BR tag. Use the Replace function to do that:<BR><BR>(The message board doens&#039t show the BR tag correctly, so I am going to use an &#060;RB&#062; tag in place of it:<BR><BR>&#039Read in the value of the memo field into a variable<BR>Dim strBlah<BR>strBlah = objRS("MemoField")<BR><BR>&#039Now, replace all carraige returns with &#060;RB&#062;<BR>strBlah = Replace(strBlah, vbCrLf, "&#060;RB&#062;")<BR><BR>Remember, the &#060;RB&#062; needs to be replaced with the BR tag...

Zola Guest

Default RE: Formatting blah blah (Sorry, I am still an idi

Where would it go in relation to my code? This is the page where it gets added:<BR><BR>&#060;%Username = request.form("Username")<BR>Password = request.form("Password")<BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conn.op en "futurenow", "", ""<BR>Set rsLogin = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>SQL = "SELECT Username, Password, Admin FROM User WHERE Username = &#039" & Username & "&#039 AND Password = &#039" & Password & "&#039 AND Admin = TRUE "<BR> sql, conn, 3, 3<BR>if rsLogin.eof = False then<BR>Set rsNew = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>SQL = "SELECT * FROM Articles <BR> sql, conn, 3, 3<BR>rsNew.AddNew<BR>rsNew("ArticleDate") = request.form("ArticleDate")<BR>etc etc etc<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I am not familiar with the DIM statement or why it is used...I understand about fixing the &#060;RB&#062; tag.... ;-)Also, would I need to use the same command when updating an existing entry?