Command Object Woes

Thread: Command Object Woes

Scott Hughes Guest

Default Command Object Woes

I&#039m using an ADODB.Command object.. Very simple application. I create the object, set the active connection, set the command type to a text command, and set the command text to be my query. My query has two question marks, or parameters, that I&#039m going to bind later. So, (twice) I append a newly created parameter of the right dimensions to my command object. Now, a little later, I access those parameters, give them new values, and refresh the parameters collection. I then try to execute my query and I get this error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>Incorrect syntax near the keyword &#039DEFAULT&#039. <BR><BR><BR>The keyword DEFAULT doesn&#039t appear in any of my actually queries, so I assume this is something I missed with the command object. Any ideas?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance..<BR><BR>Scott Hughes

Scott Hughes Guest

Default RE: Command Object Woes

Nevermind, I figured it out. The Refresh() command on the parameters reset the parameters to be there default values as given by the provider.<BR><BR>Thanks anyways..<BR><BR>Scott