global.asa not firing

Thread: global.asa not firing

linda rolfes Guest

Default global.asa not firing

I have an asp application on an IIS 4 server.<BR> <BR>The subdirectory containing the website has been registered with IIS as a website, and as a starting point for an application. The site is running (not stopped).<BR> <BR>I have a global.asa file which contains both application variables and session variables.<BR> <BR>The global.asa file is accessible to the anonymous account (IUSR). <BR> <BR>PROBLEM:<BR>when I open the index page, I do not see any of the application or session variables appearing - I just get blank spaces. I can set Session variables within asp pages, but none of the ones created in the global.asa file appear.<BR> <BR>It looks as though the global.asa file is not being read.<BR> <BR>I&#039ve been searching all morning on discussion boards for an answer - please help.<BR> <BR>lr<BR> <BR>the global.asa (edited for public viewing)<BR>&#060;SCRIPT LANGUAGE=&#039VBScript&#039 RUNAT=&#039Server&#039&#062;<BR>Sub Application_onStart ()<BR>&#039Email settings<BR>&#039POP server IP address<BR>Application ("MailIP") = ""<BR> <BR>&#039When user hits reply, it will send email to this address<BR><BR>Application ("ReplyTo") = ""<BR> <BR>&#039When user receives email, it appears to come from this address <BR> Application ("SenderEmail") = "" <BR> <BR>&#039When user receives email, it appears to come from this entity<BR>Application ("SenderName") = "The My Group Support Web Site" <BR> <BR>&#039Web site settings<BR>&#039Name of the support department<BR>Application ("SupportDepartment") = "Technical Support" <BR> <BR>&#039Email for the support department<BR>Application ("SupportEmail") = "" <BR><BR>&#039ASP error notifications will be sent to this address<BR>&#039Application ("ErrorEmail") = "" <BR> <BR>&#039URL of the web site<BR>Application ("BaseURL") = ""<BR> <BR>&#039Name of the web site<BR>Application ("BaseName") = "The My Group Support Web Site" <BR><BR>&#039Loc of security log file - logs date/time, IP addr,login name<BR>Application("LogFile") = "d:inetpubwwwrootsupportsec.txt" <BR> <BR>&#039Loc of browser log file - logs date/time, IP addr,browser type<BR>Application("BrowserLogPath")= "d:inetpubwwwrootsupport.txt"<BR> <BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Sub Session_OnStart ()<BR>Session("DateTime") = Now()<BR>Session("C") = "0000"<BR>Session("L") = "Guest"<BR>Session("P") = ""<BR>Session("A") = ""<BR>Session("E") = ""<BR>Session("LoginError") = ""<BR>&#039Default element to display when user is not logged in. 100 = sales <BR> <BR>Session("Element") = "100"<BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en "DSN=stc" Session("Conn") = Conn<BR> <BR>End Sub<BR> <BR>Sub Session_OnEnd<BR>SET Session("C") = nothing<BR>SET Session("L") = nothing<BR>SET Session("P") = nothing<BR>SET Session("A") = nothing<BR>SET Session("E") = nothing<BR>SET Session("LoginError") = nothing <BR>End Sub<BR> <BR>Sub Application_OnEnd<BR> <BR>Conn = Application ("Conn")<BR>Conn.Close<BR>Set Conn = Nothing<BR>End Sub<BR> <BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR> <BR><BR>

Default RE: global.asa not firing

Try placing the global.asa in the www.root. I believe that is where it must be.