Error Help Catastrophic failure

Thread: Error Help Catastrophic failure

Default Error Help Catastrophic failure

&nbsp;<BR>I revieved this error when I ran my code.<BR><BR>---------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 8000ffff&#039 <BR><BR>Catastrophic failure <BR><BR>/invitational/index.asp, line 75 <BR><BR>-------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>The code I used is this<BR><BR>-----------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> &#060;%<BR> Dim objRec<BR> <BR><BR> Set objRec = Server.Createobject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> objRec.Open "newsupdate", strConnect<BR><BR> While Not objRec.EOF<BR> Response.Write objRec("name") & ", "<BR> objRec.MoveNext<BR> <BR> Wend<BR><BR> <BR><BR> objRec.Close<BR> Set objRec = Nothing<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR><BR>------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Anybody tell me why I might of got this error?<BR><BR>Thanks for your help in this for me.<BR><BR>Stephen<BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default Which is line 75 for crying out loud!!!!!!!

Please indicate the line. We do not have the luxury of being able to see all you code!!

Default RE: Which is line 75 for crying out loud!!!!!!!(SO

Line 75 is:<BR>Set objRec = Server.Createobject ("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>sorry about that, try not to let it happen again<BR><BR>Thanks for your help in this for me

4. #4 Guest

Default Lookup MSDN: search fro error no or error text

Ihope this will help it is an extract MSDN Knowledge Base:<BR><BR>"Catastrophic Failure" or Scripting Errors with Database Queries<BR>Last reviewed: July 10, 1997<BR>Article ID: Q159220 <BR>The information in this article applies to: <BR>Microsoft Commerce Server, version 2.0 <BR><BR><BR>SYMPTOMS<BR>While running database queries, you may receive a "catastrophic failure" error or other scripting error. <BR><BR><BR><BR>CAUSE<BR>Queries into database tables whose Binary Large Object (BLOB) columns contain NULL as a data value fail when the Content object or ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) is used. (BLOBs are the columns that typically contain LONGVARCHAR and LONGVARBINARY data. For example, in Microsoft SQL Server, TEXT and IMAGE datatypes are BLOBs.) <BR><BR><BR><BR>WORKAROUND<BR>Check to see if you have any BLOB columns in the query. If you see scripting errors in response to queries, check the BLOB columns to make sure they do not contain NULL values. You may want to specify a default value for BLOB columns to avoid this problem. <BR> <BR>