Newbie - Automated Access DB w/ASP to send emails

Thread: Newbie - Automated Access DB w/ASP to send emails

Primo Giusti Guest

Default Newbie - Automated Access DB w/ASP to send emails

I have a client-list MS Access database. In it I keep dated information for which I would like to automatically send reminder emails to individual clients on specified dates. I have read articles on WHS, searched the MS website and posted to other newsgroups, all to no avail. Can this be done? If so, how can it be done (or where can I find the information to learn this)? Is this newsgroup allowed to recommend individuals to sub-contract? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank-you.

Default this is actually very easy to do

I will assume that you are using windows NT or 2000. If that is the case, then create an asp page that would handle all your processing for this, as long as you would call that page in your browser. The rest is easy. When you try it and it works, then copy the whole thing into Notepad, rename it to "something.vbs", remove the "&#060;%" and closing "%&#062;" and erase the "Server" part from "Server.CreateObject"s, and there you have it!<BR><BR>try double clicking it to see if it works. If it doesn&#039t, go to Microsoft and download the WSH and install it. Also, if it times out, you can fix that by right clicking on the file, and changing the time it uses to run (remember, it is in seconds).<BR><BR>The next step is even easier. Open the Windows Scheduler and follow the directions on how to create a new scheduled service. Just select your "something.vbs" file and voila!<BR><BR>Hope this helps.