Unspecified Errror opening connection

Thread: Unspecified Errror opening connection

Fred Jackson Guest

Default Unspecified Errror opening connection

I am working on a site that generates <BR>"Unspecified error <BR><BR>/asp/gallery.asp, line 13" ----- the connection.open line below<BR><BR>the relavent code reads:<BR><BR>strConnect = "DSN=midata"<BR>Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>oConn.O pen strConnect<BR><BR>the oconn.open line generates the error and it&#039s just cropped up on a site that has until now been working....<BR><BR>If you wait for a minute or 5 the error goes away and then returns again, indicating that possibly the thing can&#039t open a connection to the database while another user is recieving data from a connection....<BR><BR>if it wouldn&#039t be too much trouble, please email at fjackson@mc2k.com me if you reply..<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Fred<BR>

DFW, TX

Default RE: Unspecified Errror opening connection

Just a thought is this an MS Access database?? Access is limited to 10 concurrent connections. Generally this isn&#039t a problem unless it is a site with thousands of hits a day. Since the odds of more than 10 people making a connection at the same time on a small site are rather large. However on a large site or a site with a lot of traffic Access is not a good choice. Then again I very well may be way off on this.