DATE help?

Thread: DATE help?

Default DATE help?

I have added a date to a field in my database. It looks like this 1/05/2001<BR><BR>I now want to display just the month so assuming I have made a connection and got the date in a recodset,I want to be able to write the month name.<BR><BR>Here is my code:<BR>&#039assuming objRS("dateentered") = "1/05/2001"<BR><BR>Dim splitmonth<BR>splitmonth = SPLIT(objRS("startdate"),"/") %&#062;<BR><BR>&#039Now when I write<BR>Response.Write splitmonth(1) &#039I get 1<BR><BR>My question is how do I convert it to say January?<BR>Thanks

Default RE: DATE help?

Here you go,<BR><BR>MonthName(month[, abbreviate])<BR><BR>month: The numeric designation of the month. For example, January is 1, February is 2, and so on.<BR><BR>abbreviate: Boolean value that indicates if the month name is to be abbreviated. If omitted, the default is False, which means that the month name is not abbreviated.<BR><BR>

Los Angeles, CA

Default Have you tried mouthwash

or even a cologn maybe.... :) sorry could not resist<BR><BR><BR>MonthName(month(recordset("Colum n")) &#060;- will give you the month...need not get into split and make things difficlut for you