error on connection

Thread: error on connection

Indiana Guest

Default error on connection

Hi,<BR><BR>Trying a common Access connection I get that error:<BR>---<BR>ADODB.Connection.1 error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR>Databaseconnect.asp, line 5 <BR>---<BR><BR>My Databaseconnec.asp is:<BR>---<BR>Dim objConn<BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .ConnectionString="DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ="&Server.MapPath("/dati/utenti.mdb")<BR>objConn.Open<BR>---<BR><BR>what&#039s the meaning of that error?<BR><BR>THX<BR><BR>

Default RE: error on connection

try concatenating the connectionstring data into a variable, then write it to the page, see if you can spot an error there. then if it still isn&#039t obvious, use<BR>strConn = "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=" & Server.MapPath("/dati/utenti.mdb")<BR>set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn .open(strConn)<BR><BR>and see if there&#039s a problem then<BR><BR>j

Indiana Guest

Default RE: error on connection

I tried but the problem still remains. I can&#039t understand the reason of thet error! <BR><BR>Have u got an idea?