How do you change the “Default Value” of an Access/SQL server field remotely through an ASP script? <BR><BR>I stress REMOTELY being when I don&#039t have direct access to the RDBMS or "design view".<BR><BR>I know for a fact that there is an ADO field property command called: “DefaultValue” (- yes, the same one that controls the default value property you’re used to seeing in your db’s design view.)<BR>So far I tried (both an RS & SQL string methods below) without any success: <BR><BR>&#060;% ‘SQL string method: <BR>strSQL = "ALTER TABLE DATAtable ALTER COLUMN EmployeeField TEXT(40) DefaultValue=&#039Aaron Sanders&#039" <BR>Conn.Execute(strSQL) <BR>‘ this method slightly works (maxlength = 40), but does not change the default value. <BR><BR>‘ RecordSet direct method <BR>Set RS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") <BR>RS.Open "DATAtable", Conn, 3, 4 <BR>RS.Fields("EmployeeField").OriginalValue = "Aaron Sanders&#039" <BR>RS.Update <BR>‘ this method does not work at all. <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>I also tried every connection and cursor-type possible in, so the problem is definitely somewhere in the syntax. <BR><BR>Thanking everyone in advance, <BR>Aaron