ASP 0177 : 8000fff -- Server.CreateObject Failed

Thread: ASP 0177 : 8000fff -- Server.CreateObject Failed

Default ASP 0177 : 8000fff -- Server.CreateObject Failed

I&#039m getting the following error only when debugging in Visual Basic 6.0.<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 8000ffff&#039 <BR><BR>Server.CreateObject Failed <BR><BR>/buyer/buylogin.asp, line 64 <BR><BR>Catastrophic failure <BR><BR>The client is an ASP page. The error happens when I call Server.CreateObject for a component I created in Visual Basic 6.0. The component is running in COM+. First, I was getting an &#039object required&#039 error when trying to access the request collection through COM+. And, again, this was only happening when debugging. On the Microsoft Knowledge Base I found the answer to this problem. Upon fixing that problem, I now get the above error message when trying to debug pretty much anything - regardless of whether it tries to access the request collection. I couldn&#039t find any answer on the Microsoft site. Anyone have an idea?

Steve W Guest

Default RE: ASP 0177 : 8000fff -- Server.CreateObject Fai

Does the object you are trying to instantiate have any references i.e. does the .dll refer to other .dll&#039;s which haven&#039;t been installed on the server?<BR><BR>Even so, &#039;Catastrophic Failure&#039; is a bit dramatic - was this really part of the error message?!? :-)