Search <BR>- Search 4Guys <BR>- Search ASP Messageboard <BR> ASP Messageboard [Search] <BR>See posts from 10/16/99 to 10/14/99 <BR><BR>Mixing VB SCRIPT AND Javascript<BR>Vipul Desai - 18 Oct - 09:29:52 AM<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>I am a new user of Javascript within ASP applications. Essentially, I want to use Javascript as the sole language for developing my Browser based applications. I want to know that within a Javascript subroutine, can I invoke VBScript Server type variables and Application level variables. For instance, what I want to do can be described as follows. <BR><BR>&#060;% Dim nameofemp %&#062;<BR>function somefunction(jscriptname) <BR>{<BR>&#039I want to put the string variable jscriptname into <BR>&#039the VBScript variable called nameofemp. Can I do this?<BR><BR>}<BR><BR>&#060;Form&#062;<BR>&#060;In put Type = "Submit" Name = "txtText" onClick = "(somefunction("JIM JONES"))"&#062; <BR><BR>&#060;/Form&#062;<BR> <BR> <BR><BR> <BR>