Error ' 80004005'

Thread: Error ' 80004005'

Default Error ' 80004005'

I have finally connected to my database and I can display the records in an HTML table. I cannot, however, save a record from a form. It works great locally and even on a friend&#039s server, but it will not work on my ISP&#039s server. The server is IIS and I am using JavaScript and SQL. The error I receive is "Operation must use an updateable query." Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Default RE: Error ' 80004005'

most probably - your database is in a folder that doesn&#039t have write permission for the anonymous user - contact your ISP about this one. other than that you could be using the wrong lock or cursor type - show some code<BR><BR>j

3. #3 Guest

Default Show us your code!

You are probably openning your recordset via the Connection.Execute method which uses the default cursor and lock type. This creates a readonly recordset. The Snippet below shows how to open a RS via the connection and use suitable Open params to open an updatable rs:<BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>Set Conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Co nn.Open "YourConnectionString"<BR><BR>Set Rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>Rs.Op en "Select * from YourTable Where Id = " & Request.Form("ID"), Conn, 2,3,1<BR>Rs("Field1") = Request.Form("(Field1")<BR>Rs.Update<BR>Rs.close<B R>Set Rs=Nothing<BR>Conn.close<BR>Set Conn=Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>This code assumes a table indexed on the field "ID", and having a field "Field1". The script accepts input from a form with fields named similarly. It updates Field1 to the form value for the row with ID the same as the Form field.

4. #4 Guest

Default RE:

On seeing Atrax&#039s answer, and re-reading you question, I see that my solution is not applicable, and Atrax has hit the spot.!