I have a data access layer VB component that expects an object as one of its parameters.<BR><BR>When I call the function inside the component, I get the msg "Object variable not set".<BR><BR>Here are the code parameters in the component:<BR><BR>Public Function ExecTrans(objConn As Object, _<BR> strConnection As String, _<BR> strCommand As String, _<BR> blnTransStart As Boolean, _<BR> blnTransEnd As Boolean) As String<BR><BR><BR>The following is the code when I call the above function inside the component:<BR><BR>Option Explicit<BR>Dim objDAL As Object<BR>Dim objConn As ADODB.Connection<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>Public Function ExecTrans(blnTransStart As Boolean, blnTransEnd As Boolean) As String<BR> <BR> If (blnTransStart = True) _<BR> And (blnTransEnd = False) Then<BR> Set objConn = New ADODB.Connection<BR> End If<BR> <BR> ExecTrans = objDAL.ExecTrans(objConn, strConnection, strCommand, blnTransStart, blnTransEnd)<BR> <BR>End Function<BR><BR>When I step thru the code, blnTransStart is TRUE and blnTransEnd is FALSE. Therefore, it goes inside the IF and sets the objConn.<BR><BR>If I exclude the objConn parm from the function and the component, I can pass the parms successfully.<BR><BR>I don&#039t know why I&#039m getting that message when I explicitly set the objConn object????<BR>