Error>>Use ALTER DATABASE?? RS to large?

Thread: Error>>Use ALTER DATABASE?? RS to large?

Default Error>>Use ALTER DATABASE?? RS to large?

Usually when I get the infamous "8004Oe14" error, I&#039ve just done something stupid(this maybe the case here also). I only get this error when searching the largest table in the DB. If I set MaxRecords to around 2500 the problem goes away. My SQL statement is pretty much cut and dry (select * from parts where type=&#039" & strType & "&#039"). I am using SQL 6.5.<BR>Thanks for any help.<BR>DRUG_DEALER<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Can&#039t allocate space for object &#039-481&#039 in database &#039tempdb&#039 because the &#039system&#039 segment is full. If you ran out of space in Syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment. <BR><BR>

Default RE: Error>>Use ALTER DATABASE?? RS to la

This is something I have dealt with many times with accessing SQL Server with VB (DAO,RDO, and now ADO) the past few years. Generally, in most business applications a WHERE clause would limit the number of rows returned and the "Can&#039t allocate space..." error in SQL server should never happen. At times when this is not feasible, such as in a large report or a row by row processing application, SQL server must be configured to handle such requests. The tempdb database in SQL 6.5 has a default tempdb size of 2Mb. This is a temporary area that is used for holding users recordsets, sorting rows etc.. It is almost always necessary to increase the size of tempdb. Only set it as large as what you need. Try 10Mb or so and see if that works. The ALTER DATABASE command can be used to accomplish this, but I prefer to use the GUI tools in the SQL Enterprise Manager. You may have to increase the size of your master device to give some room first...Your SQL manual will help you from here.<BR><BR>Hope this helps