Sessions in

Thread: Sessions in

Default Sessions in

How are sessions maintained in In ASP session values are stored as cookies on client&#039s browser. Same case with also? Is it posible to have a session without enabling the cookies in

Nathan Masek Guest

Default What is ASP.Net??

Default interesting you asked.......

first thing is I think Vik you are probably moving too fast......<BR><BR>ASP.NET is still in beta stage (as far as i understood).... the first release is due in summer.... if you are trying it out for learning then i beleive it is good for you but for commercial purpose I think it is too far at this point......<BR><BR>any how, there are tonns of articles posted every where about .NET..... as a matter of fact, there is an article posted in this site......<BR><BR>i happened to come across that and wrote a bullet item list for some of my peer developers.....<BR><BR>here is the write up:<BR><BR>(source for information on ASP.NET:<BR><BR>Some features within ASP.NET that are not available within ASP model:<BR>-follows .NET CLR (common language runtime) infrastructure which is object-oriented, ex. each data type is an object with methods and properties.<BR>-automatically handles garbage collection<BR>-compiled with .NET CLR compiler (.NET CLR complier includes the full line of Visual studio)<BR>-Caching model: in ASP when a db query is performed, data is cached but with .NET users can specify what data needs to be cached and on what conditions to empty the cache and re-query<BR>-ADO+ introduced to access data: treats data in a very loose, n-dimensional, object oriented way; with ADO it was typically 2d (rows and columns)<BR>-Post Back forms: (the form tag where action is set to the same .asp page or nothing to get the user inputs). .NET introduces server controls like a server control button; when clicked the data makes a round trip to server and back to the form.<BR>-deployment is easy: no more REGSVR32 on dll coms. just copy the dll and all set. there is a text file where all the settings are done.<BR> <BR>Now if we think JSP in terms of ASP.NET, it is interesting to see how .NET is trying to implement features that JSP already provides:<BR>-JSP can implement OO things where as ASP has no such feature but .NET provides OO<BR>-JSP is complied (servlets) where as ASP is script that is interpreted, .NET is complied by CLR complier <BR>-Maintenance and deployment: ASP.NET: just copy the files no more REGSVR32 and settings in a simple txt file; JSP already provides similar deployment features, where as ASP is a big hassle since COM dlls need to be registered and etc.<BR>-JSP has several JSP tags for better coding where as ASP has no such features but .NET has asp tags for easier coding.<BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>any comments, more than welcome......<BR><BR>

Default RE: interesting you asked.......