Forms and Frames!!

Thread: Forms and Frames!!

Claire Holt Guest

Default Forms and Frames!!

I have two frames A and B, with A containing a form and B displaying information dependant on the submitted form data. In Frame A, is it possible to submit the form and keep showing the completed in form instead of going to another page i.e. where the "action" points to. <BR><BR>I would like the user to be able to submit some data, see the results in frame B, and then add or remove something from the completed form and then see the modified results and keep doing this over and over again. <BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated <BR><BR>Thanks <BR><BR>Claire Holt <BR>

Default RE: Forms and Frames!!

Sure,<BR><BR>instead of having a submit button call a refresh of the bottom frame.<BR><BR>in the bottom frame, have javascript that pulls the values from the fields in the form, then run your queries with the values.<BR><BR> has a great faq on frames and forms.

3. #3 Guest

Default Easier Solution...

&nbsp;<BR>The product i work on uses over 7 frames, and a ton of forms. It&#039s fairly easy to do.<BR><BR>Your form&#039s &#060;FORM&#062; tag shuld be constructed something like this...<BR><BR> &#060;form action="macro_companylist.asp" target="frame2" method="get"&#062;<BR><BR>An &#060;INPUT&#062; tag in your form might look like this...<BR><BR> &#060;input type="text" name="Searcher"&#062;<BR><BR>Now, in "frame2" you can display the user entered value for the above &#060;INPUT&#062; box like this, in HTML...<BR><BR> Search Value: &#060;%= Request("Searcher")%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>The key to all this is placing a target="FrameNameHere" in your &#060;FORM&#062; tag.<BR><BR>Hope this helps!<BR>email me if u have more questions, will be glad to assist.<BR><BR><BR><BR>