Auto Rotating Banner

Thread: Auto Rotating Banner

DeleTS Guest

Default Auto Rotating Banner

I have 15 banner ads, and I some code that will rotate through them on my page at a rate of about 1 ever 5 seconds. Someone please help me. <BR><BR>THanks<BR><BR>DeleTS

chris willey Guest

Default RE: Auto Rotating Banner

There are 2 possible answers, depending on what you want to do. If you mean you want the ad to change while somebody is viewing the page, you need to use a javascript timer.<BR><BR>&#060;script language="Javascript"&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR>var timerID = null<BR>var timerRunning = false<BR><BR>//preload the images - change these to match your 15 banners<BR>img1 = new Image();<BR>img1.src = "test1.gif";<BR><BR>img2 = new Image();<BR>img2.src = "test2.gif";<BR><BR>img3 = new Image();<BR>img3.src = "test3.gif";<BR><BR>function stopClock() {<BR> if(timerRunning) {<BR> clearTimeout(timerID);<BR> }<BR> timerRunning = false;<BR>}<BR><BR>function startClock() {<BR> stopClock();<BR> setImage();<BR>}<BR><BR>function setImage() {<BR> rNum = parseInt(3 * Math.random() + 1)<BR> if (document.images) {<BR> document.bannerAd.src = "test" + rNum + ".gif";<BR> }<BR> timerID = setTimeout("setImage()",5000);<BR> timerRunning = true;<BR>}<BR>//--&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>If, on the other hand, you want the banner ad to be randomly chosen each time somebody views the page (but not change while the person is viewing it), use the Ad Rotator component that comes with ASP (<BR><BR>Hope this helps.