Trigger code

Thread: Trigger code

Mauricio C Guest

Default Trigger code

&nbsp;<BR><BR> Hello all, I&#039ve been looking for trigger code, but I&#039m haven&#039t been able to find anything else than troubleshooting.<BR><BR><BR><BR> I&#039m trying to make a trigger that&#039ll fire an stored procedure everytime a table is updated. BUT only if a specific column is changed into a specific value.<BR>E.G. let&#039s say I&#039m working on a project about soccer.. so I have a table named MATCHES (with a local team ID, and a visitor team ID and final score AND STATUS) if the status is notPlayed, then no prob.<BR> But once the status is changed from notPlayed to Played, I need to sum up the finalScore and insert it into another table.<BR>How do I go about it? <BR><BR>Thanks a lot!<BR><BR>(inserting is part of the stored procedure, not the trigger!)

Jack P. Guest

Default What DBMS?

What DBMS are you using? Check the books online for your DBMS.

Mauricio C. Guest

Default SQLsrvr 7.0

I&#039m on SQL srvr 7.0, and I&#039m missing the BOL&#039s. Can you help me?

Mauricio C. Guest

Default I still need help.

&nbsp;<BR> I found the BOL&#039s and I&#039m working on my trigger, but how can I make sure that the column was updated to that ONE value?<BR><BR><BR><BR>I must NOT trigger the SP if the column value was changed to something else..<BR><BR><BR><BR>Thanks a lot.