Thread: Request.Form

Default Request.Form

Hi-<BR><BR>I&#039m using Request.Form(element)[(index).count]! Most of the time I have no problem using a command such as<BR><BR>request.form("orderName")<BR><BR>However , I have a specific example where the element isn&#039t defined by me. The element (or the name of the form to use) is actually being pulled from a database. No problem, I thought to myself, I&#039ll just do the following-<BR><BR>&#060;%new_id2=RS3.Fields("itemID")%&#062; <BR>&#060;%new_id=request.form(new_id2)%&#062;<BR> <BR>but unfortunetly that doesn&#039t seem to work. I don&#039t get any type of error message, but the code doesn&#039t pull the value from the form that it should. I&#039ve displayed the value of new_id2 and it is the correct name of the element of the form that I&#039m trying to get data from. This is proving a little hard to debug. Can anyone help? Thanks<BR><BR>Nick

J. Paul Schmidt Guest

Default Maybe missing field name

On the page that comes up AFTER the post you have:<BR>new_id2 = RS3.Fields("itemID") <BR>new_id = request.form(new_id2)<BR><BR>Now let&#039s assume that itemID is "CustName", perhaps be sure that on the original posting page&#039s form that you REALLY have a field named "CustName". Perhaps view the source code from the browser to be sure...<BR><BR>Also on the page that comes up AFTER the post you could test with something like the following:<BR>Response.Write Request.Form("CustName")<BR><BR>Best regards,<BR>-Paul<BR><BR>J. Paul Schmidt, MBA<BR>Databases on the Web<BR><BR><BR>