MTS component

Thread: MTS component

Akram Guest

Default MTS component

I have created an MTS component, registered in my m/c (I&#039m using VB6 PWS - win98). the functionality is simple. To insert records in 2 tables. It&#039s written in VB (both the standard exe with 4 ctrls and dll are in the same project). When I execute the exe, the insertion is happening fine, but when it executes SetComplete or SetAbort or any of the methods of GetObjectContext object, it&#039s giving an error "OBJECT VARIABLE OR WITH BLOCK VARIABLE NOT SET".<BR><BR>I tried to use the DEBUG MODE (BY CREATING A KEY FOR TRANSACTIONS IN REGEDIT WITH RUNWITHOUTCONTEXT PROPERTY AS SUGGESTED BY MICROSOFT). The MTS transaction properties are not enabled as such. <BR><BR>I&#039m not able to proceed with the developing MTS Components. Pls clarify<BR><BR>Thanks in advance and Regardz<BR><BR>Akram<BR><BR>

Brad Kingsley Guest

Default RE: MTS component

Make sure you have a refernce to the object context before calling setcomplete or setabort.<BR><BR>if isObject(objContext) then<BR> objContext.SetComplete<BR>else<BR> &#039Not in a transaction<BR>end if<BR><BR>~Brad Kingsley<BR>Reliable NT Hosting<BR><BR>