rs.AddNew method not supported?

Thread: rs.AddNew method not supported?

icabod Guest

Default rs.AddNew method not supported?

I downloaded and installed the new version of MDAC from Microsoft ( Now, my ASP pages are ALOT pickier with Access Databases. Before, it did not matter what my cursor-type/lock-type was... i usually left it out entirely. Now, after experimenting, I found that the only way to do this (without generating an error) is using &#039conn,0,4&#039...<BR><BR>BUT, the record never gets entered into the database. This is seriously confusing the hell out of me. Anybody know why everything has changed? How to fix it?

icabod Guest

Default More about rs.AddNew...

After playing around with cursor/lock types...this is ONE of the error messages I get:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0cb3&#039 <BR><BR>The operation requested by the application is not supported by the provider. <BR><BR>/add_event.asp, line 12 <BR>----<BR><BR>When trying a different way :<BR>Syntax Error in INSERT INTO statement.<BR><BR>I checked the syntax... it is perfect.. and it hasn&#039t changed either. Everything is really getting crazy on this server. I think it is malfunctioning horrendously. If ANYONE has had these problems and/or knows how to fix them, please lemme know.<BR>