Thread: Urgent

Default Urgent

Hi all, <BR><BR>Is there a way to transfer information from a search page onto another. What I mean is that, if a search I typed yielded the results and then I were to choose which results I was interested in by means of a tick box, is there a way to transfer those selections onto another page. if so, how? <BR><BR>Thanks for any help in advance. <BR><BR>

troy the asp boy Guest

Default RE: Urgent

I presume the search results are coming from a database table.<BR><BR>Implementation: display the search results with a checkbox in front of each result that contains the primary key ID and pass the checked values through form field data.<BR><BR>Sample Table<BR>ID FieldOne<BR>1 text1<BR>2 text2<BR>3 text3<BR><BR>Sample HTML Psuedo-Code <BR>MAIN.ASP<BR>&#060;form&#062;<BR>&#060;% Do While NOT objRS.EOF %&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="checkbox" name="result" value="&#060;%=objRS("ID")%&#062;"&#062;<BR>&#060; %=objRS("FieldOne")%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>&#060;% Loop %&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit"&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>RESULT.ASP<BR>result = Request.Form("result")<BR>Response.Write result<BR><BR>The RESULT.ASP will display a list of all checkboxes that were selected. Note...double check your implementation on IE on a Mac. I have run into a 255 character limit with this browser for non textarea form fields.<BR><BR>Is this the answer you were looking for?<BR><BR>cheers<BR>troy the asp boy<BR>