Response.ContentType="application/msword" ?

Thread: Response.ContentType="application/msword" ?

New ASP Guest

Default Response.ContentType="application/msword" ?

I have the: Response.ContentType="application/msword"<BR>in my my.asp page.<BR><BR>Probelm is: it just work in some workstations, not all workstations. (They all install office2000)<BR><BR>Thanks!!

New ASP Guest

Default Again! Help!

The broswer always open *my.asp* instead of open *my.doc*.

E! Guest

Default RE: Again! Help!

You need to redirect to the .doc file... I pasted the end of my code, where I am saving a temp doc file, and redirecting to it...<BR><BR> &#039 Create time stamped temporary Word doc<BR> mstrNewFile = Month(Date) & Day(Date) & Year(Date) & Hour( Now) & Minute(Now) & Second(Now) & ".doc"<BR> MyWord.ActiveDocument.SaveAs "c:InetpubwwwrootMasterWordDocs\" & mstrNewFile<BR> &#039 Quit Word process and set it to Nothing<BR> MyWord.Quit<BR> set MyWord = Nothing<BR> &#039 Redirect the browser to the saved Word doc<BR> Response.Redirect "http://localhost/Master/WordDocs/" & mstrNewFile<BR> &#039 End all responses to this page<BR> Response.End

New ASP Guest

Hi, My code is like this:<BR>my.asp<BR>&#060;%Response.ContentType="ap plication/msword"%&#062;<BR><BR>My text here<BR>:<BR>:<BR>The problem is: Why this code works on *SOME* PCs, not *ALL* PCs?

E1 Guest

hhhmmmm *scrathing my head...*<BR><BR>I have created my word docs a little differently... Is the Word process created on the server or the client?<BR>

New ASP Guest

By using Response.ContentType, the doc file will be created in the client side. So we don&#039t have to delete all the temp docs in the server side.

E! Guest

Does a winword process get started on the client machine when they access this? I have had some experiences with the process starting, but nothing happens... And I have to reboot to clear the process... Do they have Word open when they execute it?<BR><BR>

New ASP Guest

Default ?

No, you don&#039t have to open the word brfore open the page.