Automatic Mailing from Serverside

Thread: Automatic Mailing from Serverside

Default Automatic Mailing from Serverside

i need ur help for a solution<BR><BR>the question is<BR>I want to send automatic emails mainly articles at a particular time .<BR>i cannot use the asp method since i need to trigger the method of my com everytime manually<BR>i want the things done automatic from serverside without triggering the event (ie only once it should be triggered)<BR><BR>what i want is to send articles as i receive from any other site<BR><BR>so pls can u suggest some method for it at the earliest, would be of great help to me in my development<BR><BR>thanks<BR>Bharat

sameers Guest

Default RE: Automatic Mailing from Serverside

for this purpose you should use Jmail component, but your server should have the same installed on it.<BR><BR>following is the code<BR>---------------<BR>Set JMail = Server.CreateObject("JMail.SMTPMail")<BR><BR>JMail .ServerAddress = server ip address<BR>JMail.Sender = "your email id"<BR>JMail.Subject = "subject"<BR>Jmail.AddRecipient " receipent email id"<BR>JMail.Priority = 1<BR>JMail.AddHeader "Originating-IP", Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR") <BR><BR>JMail.body = "Put all text here "<BR>JMail.Execute

Reggie Guest

Default RE: Automatic Mailing from Serverside

The most common choice is using CDONTS. A lot of the time it is already installed with IIS and you don&#039t need anymore setup. Go here for more info: