How to use VBScript- with JScript- Serverside?

Thread: How to use VBScript- with JScript- Serverside?

frankR Guest

Default How to use VBScript- with JScript- Serverside?

Hello all!<BR><BR>I programmed all my ASP-Pages(database conections) <BR>in JScript and have to add now a suitable password-protection!<BR>I only found one programmed in VBScript!<BR>Any idea how to add this VBScript(Serverside) to my <BR>JScript(Serverside) on my ASp-Pages?<BR><BR>Cheers<BR>frank

Los Angeles, CA

Default What have you tried??

As far as i know you can use either language. <BR><BR>There is no biggy...unless i am mistaken

Richard A. Lowe Guest

Default No prob...

If you set the @language directive at the top of the page, and are using JScript as your inline script &#060;% %&#062; language, then you can include the VBScript inside a &#060;script&#062; tag:<BR><BR>&#060;script language="VBScript" runat="server"&#062;<BR>Function DoSomething()<BR><BR>End Function<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>I recommend putting any VBScript you want to use in functions, and simply call them from your JScript (they should be available with no extra code). As the order of execution of &#060;script&#062; tags cannot be guaranteed (depends on default language etc.)<BR><BR>Richard