isp hosting ans sql server??

Thread: isp hosting ans sql server??

Default isp hosting ans sql server??

Hi,<BR><BR>Basically I want to do an ecommerce project which involves sql server database.<BR>Now I am going to use a hosting company.<BR>Now if they suppoet sql server, then do I have to actually have sql server on my m/c. Can I just create tables, etc on sql server at their end through some we interface?<BR>How does it work??<BR>Also, If i use access for time being , can I usize it to sql server through some mechanism or is it going to be manual all over again?<BR>Thanks

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: isp hosting ans sql server??

I have heard that Access can handle a decent amount of traffic, maybe you don&#039t need to convert . . . but SQL 7.0 is supposed to be very user friendly, much like Access.<BR><BR>I say either stick with Access, (since Access 2000 is supposed to be more robust than 97) or you may be at the mercy of your provider - make sure you ask them flat out about making changes to tables, etc.

Brad Kingsley Guest

Default RE: isp hosting ans sql server??

You can modify the database either through commands sent via the connection object in ASP or by installing the SQL Server client tools and connecting directly.<BR><BR>-Brad Kingsley, MCP - NT, IIS4<BR>Reliable Windows NT Web Hosting<BR>ORCS Web, Inc -<BR>