How to minimize time to display recordsets ?

Thread: How to minimize time to display recordsets ?

Gunnar Guest

Default How to minimize time to display recordsets ?

My database is updated approx twice a week. Since the database isn&#039t updated very often I have two options of returning data to the client: <BR>1) Perform sql-queries directly for each request and display the recordsets <BR>2) Create html-text files (one for each of my 50-60 tables) at database updates and print out these files at each user request.<BR>3) Other options??<BR><BR>Can anyone please tell me some more about performance issues on these two options and what to choose?<BR><BR>When printing html-textfiles, is ASP TextStream Object the most efficient way to perform this task, or do I have other options?

Default RE: How to minimize time to display recordsets ?

the flat HTML files are the best way, however if you need a bit of flexibility, use SQL and getRows()<BR><BR>there are a lot of tutorials on speeding up data access available on - there are options like :<BR><BR>keep your connections open for the minimum amount of time<BR>use getRows()<BR>optimise SQL queries (three tips on - recent additions)<BR>page your results sesibly, with the cachesize property set appropriately<BR>use firehose cursors in SQL server<BR><BR>etc... etc... lots of tutorials out there<BR><BR>j