deploying activex control

Thread: deploying activex control

Default deploying activex control

Does anybody how to deploy an activeX control over the internet? In my asp page, the object tag for the control points to &#039codebase=myvirtual directory where my cab file is at&#039<BR><BR>The cab file does download but the control still does not display..I even manually register it and included a licence(lpk) file in the cab file..I know that the control is downloaded and install bc i look in %windows%/dowloaded program files and in the system registry...<BR><BR>Can anybody help?..

PratQ Guest

Default RE: deploying activex control

It took me weeks to figure out how to do this "simple" task. Heres a little help for you.<BR><BR>Put the LPK file in the same directory as the codebase file and use the following code in the same page you invoke the control.<BR><BR>I have only used it successfully, when the LPK file was in the same virtual root as the page that called it, but in theory it should work from anywhere. The REM below contains a reference to a KB article for further reference.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR> &#039 The below object references a license file that is required when used MS ActiveX controls<BR> &#039 MS Doc&#039s say this file should reside in the same directory as the page that contains the objects to be licensed<BR> &#039 Refer to KB article Q159923 for more info.<BR>%&#062;<BR> &#060;OBJECT classid="clsid:5220cb21-c88d-11cf-b347-00aa00a28331" viewastext&#062;<BR> &#060;PARAM name="LPKPath" Value="/path/lpkfile.lpk"&#062;<BR> &#060;/OBJECT&#062;

Default THANKS!!! It works!

Thank you very much, i was looking at some reference that talk about licensing but it did not go into detail such as the reference you gave me..I&#039ve spent about 2 wks on this "simple" procedure! <BR><BR>Thanks again!