Connecting to Sybase database

Thread: Connecting to Sybase database

Gena Guest

Default Connecting to Sybase database

I am at my wits end trying to achieve a *simple* connection via ODBC to a Sybase database. The system DSN on the ASP server is called "CITATION". Admittedly, I am new to ASP, but I am quite familiar with ODBC. Nonetheless, each time I try to run this simple dummy .asp page on which I connect to a database and pull records out into a table on the website, I get:<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126 (Sybase System 11).<BR>/IT Website/todo/mylist.asp, line 8<BR><BR>I have typed on my page:<BR><BR>Set con1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>con1.op en (DSN=CITATION; UID=myusername; PWD=mypassword; DATABASE=databasename)<BR><BR>(usernames and passwords obviously changed, of course)<BR><BR>There is indeed a System DSN entitled CITATION on the server. I did not set it up. As near as I can tell, my syntax is textbook perfect. I have looked all over the Microsoft site for some explanation of system error 126, but have been mostly unsuccessful. Anybody have a clue? Thanks in advance for your help!<BR>

Default RE: Connecting to Sybase database

the microsoft site won&#039t give you any info on Sybase error codes. Although this is admittedly an MS-to-Sybase error.<BR><BR>Personally, I would connect via Sybase&#039s OLEDB driver (system DSNs are sloooooow) - there&#039s plenty of info on on the subject<BR><BR>j