dsn-less connection

Thread: dsn-less connection

Default dsn-less connection

oh i have another question too. I am trying to create a dsn less connection to my database if possible. i read an article that says i should do this: <BR><BR>Using ODBC connection without specifying a DSN :<BR>Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:path odatabase.mdb<BR><BR>i tried this and it didn&#039t work. i get the "this database is unkonwn" error. I&#039m 90% sure i am using an ODBC connection....and i am using ms access....<BR><BR>i have no problems connecting if i run this off of my computer and my personal server, but i would like to upload it to another server and i do not ahve access to the commputer to set up an ODBC drive thingy....does that make sense? any suggestions?

Patty Guest

Default Try one of these...

Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Connect ionString = "DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=C:yourdatabaseDirdatamdb.mdb"<BR>Conn. Open ConnectionString<BR><BR>OR<BR><BR>Dim Conn, dbPath<BR>dbPath = "C:yourdatabaseDirdatamdb.mdb"<BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en "PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" & dbPath<BR><BR>(for this version to work, MDAC 2.1 or greater needs to be installed on the system)

Default RE: Try one of these...

what is microsoft jet? ive seen this before but i dont know what it is