closing a window

Thread: closing a window

Sarada Guest

Default closing a window

i am giving u a piece of code.can u help me in getting rid of the error and plz let me know asap.....<BR><BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>window.clos e(); // this closes the existing window.<BR>; // this opens a new window.<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>the problem is that as it closes the old window it asks me for a confirmation and i don&#039t want that thing to happen. i want to close it without giving a choice to user to go back. i tried addressing the existing window by calling it(main, parent, this, etc..) but still i get the same message.<BR><BR>It says something like this " do you wish to close this window " and shows ok and cancel buttons.<BR><BR>To execute the above piece of code just copy the code to a notepad and save it as .HTML and try to interpret it in the browser. you will get what i want to ask.<BR><BR>can u help me out please<BR><BR>sarada<BR><BR>

CPeinado Guest

Default RE: closing a window

The Confirmation box will ALWAYS come up if you try to close the main window.

3. #3 Guest

As stated by CPeinado, you cannot close the main window without being prompted, but what I usually do is that the main window usually pops up a new browser window then when the user is finished with it, it closes down and focus returns to the main window. I don&#039t see any point in closing the parent window after it pops up the new window, if that is what you are trying to do.

Sarada Guest

if it is not possible to avoid the confirmation box, is it possible to edit the buttons in it so that i can delete &#039CANCEL&#039 button leaving the user the only choice of clicking &#039OK&#039 button. is it possible to do so by implementing any interface or any other alternative <BR><BR>thanks for your responses<BR>Sarada