Updating a record

Thread: Updating a record

Jason Guest

Default Updating a record

Hi. Trying to update a record and keep getting the following error:<BR>Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.<BR><BR>Here is the code:<BR>set ors = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")<BR>ors.open "Clients", "DSN=calendar", adopenkeyset, adLockPessimistic<BR>ors.Find "ClientID=" & Request.Form("ClientID")<BR>ors.fields("FirstName" ) = request.form("FirstName")<BR>ors.fields("LastName" ) = request.form("LastName")<BR>ors.fields("Middle") = request.form("Middle")<BR>ors.fields("SSN") = request.form("SSN")<BR>ors.fields("Address") = request.form("Address")<BR>ors.fields("City") = request.form("City")<BR>ors.fields("Zip") = request.form("Zip")<BR>ors.fields("State") = request.form("State")<BR>ors.fields("Phone") = request.form("Phone")<BR>ors.fields.Update<BR><BR> My Script Debugger says its a problem with the 2nd line above (ors.open line)<BR>All of my spelling is correct and all table/field names are accurate. What am I missing?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Default Probably the open, not the update...

&#062; ors.open "Clients", "DSN=calendar", adopenkeyset, adLockPessimistic <BR><BR>So did you remember to #include the "adovbs.inc" file? If not, then the values of adopenkeyset and adLockPessimistic will be zero, which are *not* legal.<BR><BR>