ASP architecture for max performance

Thread: ASP architecture for max performance

Geir Gunder Guest

Default ASP architecture for max performance

I am designing a database driven web site and I need to prepare for high traffic. Data will be updated approx once a week so there will be no need to query the database for each user data request. The easiest way seams to store data from tables into arrays (one table =&#062; one array) because the data from each table can be viewed in several possible ways. Number of tables are approx 50 with size of 30 rows/10 columns (string variables). What are the of:<BR>1) storing these arrays in application data variables?<BR>2) create html files from tables after every tableupdate and then include html files?<BR>3) use session variables?<BR>4) Do you have any other idea of storing data<BR>Please bear in mind that I am an ASP beginner....

Default RE: ASP architecture for max performance

Never overload Seesion and applications variables.<BR>In fact , your tables are stored in Recordset objects at the server whose interface is array like<BR>

Default static pages , among other things ..

static pages are fast, u can generate static pages, and keep them ready to serve.<BR><BR>but u can have asp files that are very fast, just as well. read performance articles.<BR><BR>storing arrays in app obj is not recommended.<BR><BR>just wait, others will come up with many more suggestions<BR><BR>visit asp sites and all of them have performance articles, including ,