Problems with the Server.CreateObject command

Thread: Problems with the Server.CreateObject command

Jeff Albion Guest

Default Problems with the Server.CreateObject command

Hi everyone, I&#039m a newbie at ASP and I&#039ve been trying to learn from one of my good friends. I&#039ve set up a server off my box, and I&#039m trying to use Microsoft&#039s PWS 4.0 for all my &#039serving needs.&#039 *cough*<BR><BR>However, I&#039ve tried out some of my own code and I&#039ve tried some of my friends code (both proven to work on his server) and both produce the an error code when it hits the:<BR><BR>Set MyConn = server.CreateObject("ADBOB.Connection")<BR><BR>lin e on my machine. I&#039ve tried taking out the "server." part, and it still doesn&#039t work.<BR><BR>Error code with &#039server.&#039:<BR><BR>Server object error &#039ASP 0177 : 800401f3&#039 <BR>Server.CreateObject Failed<BR><BR>Error code without:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object: &#039ADODB.Connection&#039 <BR><BR><BR>Is this a problem with Personal Web Server 4.0? Or is it me?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help you can provide,<BR><BR>- Jeff

Default Possibly DLL problem?

Perhaps you DLL isn&#039t in the right spot and/or isn&#039t registered?<BR><BR>Use REGEDIT to "FIND" this value:<BR><BR>00000514-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4<BR><BR>You will likely have to hit "FIND NEXT" a couple of times to get to the entry that has, under it, the sub-entry for "InprocServer32". That entry will tell you the location where the registry expects to find the DLL. (e.g., on my machine it is at<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; C:PROGRAM FILESCOMMON FILESSYSTEMADOMSADO15.DLL<BR>). Ensure that your DLL really *is* in that location. If not, find the DLL (by name) and copy it to the place where the registry expects it (or, if you know how, re-register the DLL so the registry will point to its current location). If you can&#039t even find the file on your macine...well, then I guess you have found the problem?<BR><BR>

3. #3 Guest

Default Check your spelling : ADODB not ADBOB

Set MyConn = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>Whe never that happens to me I always find that I have miss-spelt something.

Default But error msg had it right...

I saw that too, but I guessed that he typed that in here in the forum. Reason: The error message looked more like a cut and paste thing, and it had the spelling correct.<BR><BR>Won&#039t hurt to check spelling, but I&#039m guessing that&#039s not the problem. Well, *maybe* we&#039ll find out. Amazing how many people have urgent problems yet don&#039t seem to come back to read answers to their posts. Ah, well...<BR><BR><BR><BR>