&nbsp;<BR>Is there a VBScript command that can be used to determine whether an object can be created or not? ?In other words, is there a way in ASP to determine if the server has a certain (ActiveX/DLL) component installed/enabled or not - before initiating the CreateObject() function?<BR><BR>Why? - As a Web Designer, I often use the same scripts on different servers/NT Web-hosts. Some of those servers have certain ASP features disabled such as: FSO (File System Object) or CDONTS (Collaborative Data Objects), some servers don&#039t.<BR><BR>For example: Say in my script below, I would want to take advantage of the CDONTS email rich features that most FORM-MAIL programs lack. If CDONTS were not available then it would go to my 2nd choice: a generic CGI FORM-MAIL program. So then, what condition would I have to write to find out if the CDONTS component is available?<BR><BR>(Fill in the blank for the script below:)<BR>&#060;% <BR>If ____________ Then &#039CDO is available<BR>Set objMail = CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objMail.From = strMyAddress<BR>objMail.To = "pj@aol.com"<BR>objMail.Subject = "CDO Mail Works!!!"<BR>&#039 ?and so on.<BR>objMail.Send<BR>Else &#039CDO is not available<BR>Response.Redirect("/cgi-bin/FORM-MAIL.pl")<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>(I tried without success the "IsObject(*)" function, but this function was obviously intended for after the "Set" command - so back to square one!)<BR>?Since I don&#039t have such a condition in place, I get the following error on the servers that don&#039t support CDONTS:<BR><BR>Microsoft VBScript runtime error &#039 800a01ad&#039 <BR>ActiveX component can&#039t create object: &#039CDONTS.NewMail&#039 <BR><BR>Thanking anyone in Advance<BR>