Problems with Netscape 4.05

Thread: Problems with Netscape 4.05

Vadim Guest

Default Problems with Netscape 4.05

Hi, <BR><BR>I have the following sequence of pages for a user to log into my site: <BR><BR>1) Enter login/password, click submit. <BR>2) Data gets sent to a verification page (only scripts on that <BR> page)The data get&#039s Response.Redirect&#039ed to the <BR>3) Profile page. That profile page opens a javascript popup too.<BR><BR>There are standard database calls such as checking if the user is valid, a session variable set to contain userID, but that&#039s all. <BR><BR>For some reason, and only in Netscape 4.05, the version that my lab at school runs for it&#039s Linux workstations (the Windows versions has the same fate, but Netscape 6 is okay) will take an eternity to load, if ever. IE loads it in a giffy. Would any of you know what the issue might be? <BR><BR>Please reply, if anything. The more replies the better. I must resolve this.<BR><BR>Thanks a hand full!<BR><BR>-Vadim

Default RE: Problems with Netscape 4.05

Oh...I think I know your problem. You need to look at all of your opening tags and make sure that you have closed them. I was using FrontPage 2000 to write most of my stuff in and it omitted a &#060;/font&#062; closing tag and another tag (can&#039t remember now) and my pages were turning up blank in Netmistake..opps Netscape.<BR><BR>It drove me nuts until someone told me to check and low and behold, it solved the problem. Most of the books I&#039ve read have discussed different problems with Netscape. <BR><BR>Hope this helps.

Vadim Guest

Default RE: Problems with Netscape 4.05

Thanks for the possible solution. I will try that. I mean there has to be some coding error. Netscape 6 works, as well as IE (duh!). <BR><BR>So if anybody else has another variation on a possible explanation.. please go ahead.<BR><BR>-Vadim