Thread: DSN-less

John Lennon Guest

Default DSN-less

my web servers dont support DSN connections so I have to use a DSN-less connection. This is fine when I need to simply read from a database but when I try writing to a database using adOpenKeyset and adLockOptimistic parameters an error keeps appearing:<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bb9&#039 <BR><BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another. <BR><BR>/response.asp, line 35 <BR><BR>Yet when i replace the DSN-less connection with a DSN on my local server it works fine. <BR><BR>Any help would be much appreciated.<BR><BR>chris<BR>seasiders.net<BR><BR>

Default RE: DSN-less

you need to load adovbs.inc to your root dir on host<BR>then at the top of asp page put the following line<BR>&#060;!-- #include file="adovbs.inc" --&#062;<BR><BR>The error is because you do not have the cursors define adOpenKeyset and adLockOptimistic <BR>They are included in the above file<BR>GOOD LUCK<BR>

Default RE: DSN-less

http://www.adodb.com/errors_new_result.asp?errors_id=782<BR><BR>Go to the above website and it will explain the error and offer a solution. Hope this helps.