Passing Carriage Returns to the DB

Thread: Passing Carriage Returns to the DB

Russ Gibson Guest

Default Passing Carriage Returns to the DB

I am trying to figure out how to pass carriage returns to an SQL DB when submitting information via a text box like this.<BR><BR>Example... carriage return!<BR><BR>Any help would greatly be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>-rg

besharah Guest

Default RE: Passing Carriage Returns to the DB

I&#039m not sure thais will help but if you use a text area you can set the "wrap" property to "hard". I&#039ve passed teat-area data to a second page and the carriage returns have been included. They may also get passed to the database.<BR><BR>Good Luck

Michael Swanson Guest

Default RE: Passing Carriage Returns to the DB

The way I&#039ve done this was broken when MDAC 2.1 was released. Microsoft is aware of the bug and will supposedly fix it in a future release.<BR><BR>Anyway, with MDAC 2.0 or earlier, you can pass information to text fields in hex format. So, instead of:<BR><BR>FieldName = &#039Something&#039<BR><BR> can actuall pass hex pairs, like:<BR><BR>FieldName = 0xA014BC0D0A<BR><BR>I just made that one up, but you get the idea. You have to start the "string" with "0x", then just send the hex equivalent of your string. This way, you can pass any character you&#039d like via SQL.<BR><BR>Michael Swanson, MCSE, MCP+Internet<BR>Webmaster<BR>Donnelly Corporation<BR>