Dynamically generate forms

Thread: Dynamically generate forms

Farvin Guest

Default Dynamically generate forms

Hi,<BR>I have 2 tables in access db, one with user_ids and security levels; the other with JUST form field verbage(Eg: Location of project) and if it is required(R) or Optional(O). What I am trying to do is: as soon as the user signs in, I query the table and display all the form field verbage for the screen that have an &#039R&#039 and then depending on the user&#039s security level, display the optional fields. My question is how do I display the form input fields for each user dynamically and insert those values into the db? One user may have only 10 fields to fill in whereas another might have 15 fields to fill in....How do i hide the unrequired form fields from other users?? How do I solve this problem? I also need the ability to update just the table with the form verbage and not update the asp page...<BR><BR>Please help!<BR><BR>TIA.<BR>

Steve Cimino Guest

Default RE: Dynamically generate forms

I&#039m not sure what you&#039re asking, but here it goes:<BR><BR>rs(0) will contain either &#039R&#039 or &#039O&#039<BR><BR>&#060;%If rs(0) = "R" Then%&#062;<BR>&#060;INPUT TEXT...<BR>&#060;INPUT TEXT...&#062;<BR>&#060;%End If%&#062;<BR><BR>That way, only people with &#039R&#039 will get the text fields.