error 404 - ASP redirection functionality

Thread: error 404 - ASP redirection functionality

1. #1 Guest

Default error 404 - ASP redirection functionality

Guys (& gals)<BR><BR>My support at web2010 have setup the pointer to my badurl.asp file in the root directory which is invoked when an error404 occurs. Basically the badurl.asp is intended to be a redirection handler but the .asp file fails to execute ASP functions!!!!! only HTML : (<BR><BR><BR>(the page should display ASP functions as a test but does not)<BR><BR>the message from my support reads:<BR><BR>"The real issue is that this redirect is a file style and of course it decides not to function....<BR>I tried everything here and no luck..."<BR><BR>Is this a problem with NT servers in general or is something amiss here???? Shouldn&#039t the file be able to execute ASP so that I can cross reference the server variables against an existing database and redirect as appropriate?<BR><BR>cheers & baffled & not knowing what to do next<BR>fl1rt

2. #2 Guest

Default document.location = "...

I&#039ve added the following javascript lines to badurl.asp as this file won&#039t execute ASP. I think it&#039s a bad idea...oh goes...<BR><BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- //<BR> document.location = "redirect.asp"<BR>//--&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR><BR>in order to flip the NON-WORKING ASP file to one that does, the process of doing so I lose all my valuable server variables of the original error! : (<BR><BR>****<BR><BR>

3. #3 Guest

Default job done! all by myself

I&#039m a genius! even if I do say so myself<BR><BR><BR>the folowing javascript line (as .asp doesn&#039t work on error404) is able to transfer the error code into a new .asp file that can execute! simply reading the querystring and removing the useless header info leaves...just the root ERROR!!! cool I can set the database up!!<BR>&#060;script&#062;<BR>&#060;!-- //<BR> document.location = "redirect.asp?URL=" + location.href<BR>//--&#062;<BR>&#060;/script&#062;