ODBC Driver errors 800004005

Thread: ODBC Driver errors 800004005

Bruce Harris Guest

Default ODBC Driver errors 800004005

I am experiencing the following problem when accessing an asp I have created, I am unsure on what to put in the path for the DBQ.<BR><BR>I have also included the asp code in question <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] &#039(unknown)&#039 is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. <BR><BR>asp code :<BR><BR>objConn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=db/art192.mdb; "<BR><BR>Is it necessary to put the absolute path for the database ? and should it be / or typed in the path ?<BR><BR>

Default RE: ODBC Driver errors 800004005

Yes - you need an absolute path. Use Server.MapPath to get the physical path from the virtual path.<BR><BR>Dunc

Bruce Harris Guest

Default RE: ODBC Driver errors 800004005

Thanks for the advice.<BR><BR>I&#039m sorry to pester you but I still have a problem, would it be possible to post a code example on your reply ? I am using VBScript, I&#039m experiencing synatx errors I think.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Bruce

Bruce Harris Guest

Default Success

Thanks for your help, I am now succesfully talking to the database.<BR><BR>Thanks again,<BR><BR>Happy Christmas