Maybe ASP, Maybe befuddled HTML dude...

Thread: Maybe ASP, Maybe befuddled HTML dude...

Default Maybe ASP, Maybe befuddled HTML dude...

...I&#039m trying to disable the back button when my users move from one page to the next, and I can&#039t get it. Seems like it should be a simple thing, but its killing me here.<BR><BR>Maybe I just need more doughnuts......

Hema S Guest

Default RE: Maybe ASP, Maybe befuddled HTML dude...

I don&#039t think you need to trouble yourself over this one, because to the best of my knowledge, u cannot disable the &#039Back&#039 button, maybe u can disable the entire toolbar. But you can still use Backspace. Why would u want to do this anyway?<BR>Hema

There is a way to disable various form widgets, including buttons, but it *only* works in Explorer! Forget Netscape. This is the easy way--you could write VBScript code to make the button disappear altogether under certain conditions (you might need cookies to track what state the user is in). However, if you want the quick-&#039n&#039-dirty way to disable a button for Explorer, it is as follows:<BR><BR>&#060;input type="Submit" name="" DISABLED value="Back"&#062;<BR><BR>Hope this helps!<BR><BR>

Hema S Guest

Aren&#039t we talking about disabling the &#039Back&#039 button on the browser toolbar at the top?<BR>Hema