Replacing Quotes

Thread: Replacing Quotes

Default Replacing Quotes

Thanks for the reply earlier Bill.<BR>Heres some more info :<BR><BR>Yes I am using addnew, heres the basic script<BR><BR>sSQL = "Select * FROM Table WHERE Field=&#039field&#039;"<BR>Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>objRS.Op en sSQL, sDSN, adOpenKeySet, adLockPessimistic<BR>If objRS.EOF And objRS.BOF OR Action = "Update" Then<BR> If Action = "AddNew" then<BR> objRs.addnew<BR> End if<BR> objRs.fields.item(1).Value = Input<BR><BR>etc<BR><BR>Now I did a response.write of the value, which has been passed through a few functions and it still contains the correct text going in.<BR><BR>So its only at the database level it seems to fail (again - everything after the quote)<BR><BR>Did I miss something basic at the database level?<BR><BR>Cheers.

Default RE: Replacing Quotes

Bracket your And Or statement together as you want it to be. I&#039m assuming you want:<BR>If objRS.EOF AND (objRS.BOF Or Action = "Update") Then<BR>I don&#039t know if that will solve your problems, but it will at least make sure that your if condition is correct.