*Newbie ?* Setting up the Connection to the databa

Thread: *Newbie ?* Setting up the Connection to the databa

MiCrOsLaVe Guest

Default *Newbie ?* Setting up the Connection to the databa

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>I&#039ve made a simple ASP page, that works 100% ok when I view on my Win98 machine, but when I tried to copy & then view it on a WinNT machine, I got this error:<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. <BR>It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>/test.asp, line 4<BR><BR>I re-setup the DSN, copied all the req&#039d files, but I kept getting the error...<BR><BR>The first couple of lines of text.asp are:<BR><BR>&#060;%@LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT"%&#062; <BR>&#060;%<BR>set netnewsDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>netnewsD B.ActiveConnection = "dsn=InfoNET;"<BR>netnewsDB.Source = "SELECT * FROM News"<BR><BR>It said line four, so I went in and checked to see if there was an "InfoNET" dsn, and sure enough there was, and it was linked properly.<BR><BR>Any ideas? Suggestions?<BR><BR>Like I said, I am a *Newbie* at this stuff, so anything is appreciated...

PJ Guest

Default RE: *Newbie ?* Setting up the Connection to the da

Just curious. Did you happen to have the Access table opened when you tried to connect? That can give the "opened exclusive" error.

peterjl@austec.net.au Guest

Default RE: *Newbie ?* Setting up the Connection to the da

That would mainly be if you open the table in Design View. If you are only viewing the contents, it should not matter, unless you have explicitly set the database to open exclusive.

MiCrOsLaVe Guest

Default Nope, the database wasn't open, nor was the OB

Don&#039t know whats up...