CDO Mail Object Problem

Thread: CDO Mail Object Problem

Mike H. Guest

Default CDO Mail Object Problem

We upgraded our Web Server to W2K/IIS5.0 a short time ago. Now when I try to send mail from a web page, I get an error.<BR><BR>Here is the code, I have marked the line that gets the error:<BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim objMail<BR> Dim htmlText<BR> Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> htmlText="HTML String with tags and information"<BR><BR> objMail.MailFormat = 0<BR> objMail.BodyFormat = 0 <BR> objMail.From = ""<BR> objMail.To = ""<BR> objMail.Subject = "Subject Line" <BR> objMail.Body = htmlText<BR> <BR> objMail.Send &#039this is line 70<BR> set objMail = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Here is the error:<BR> Error Type:<BR> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0046)<BR> Permission denied<BR> /myURL/myPage.asp, line 70<BR><BR>Obviously, IIS or W2K is set up wrong. Does anyone know what permission is lacking/set wrong? Where and how do I set that so I can do this simple task. This worked before our "upgrade". Now it happens on several different pages where I try to send a mail message.<BR><BR>Thank you for any help you can give me.<BR>Mike

Default RE: CDO Mail Object Problem

try fooling round with the properties of &#039default smtp site&#039 in internet services manager<BR><BR>j

Steve Karsch Guest

Default RE: CDO Mail Object Problem

You may also want to check the permissions on the folders in the mailroot direcetory to make sure that the SMTP service can write the temporary e-mails to the Queue, or to badmail if necessary.