Locating Directories

Thread: Locating Directories

Rob Chasan Guest

Default Locating Directories

In the following piece of code:<BR> &#060;img src="images/gis_banner5.jpg"&#062;<BR>HTML knows that "images/" is a sub-directory of the current web, regardless of where it is published. However, if I want to access the same directory using VBScript, the file system object wants a fully qualified pathname (as best as I can tell). <BR><BR>Since the web will be developed on one server and published on another, the pathname will change and as a result, the VBScript would have to be changed, too. Can someone suggest a way for the VBScript to know to look in the current web without explicitly specifying the full pathname?<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: Locating Directories

&nbsp;<BR> Hi<BR><BR> I think "/images/..." is virtual dir.. so<BR> you should map this dir with it&#039s physical dir....<BR><BR> Arvind.

Rob Chasan Guest

Arvind,<BR><BR>Can you be more explicit with your answer -- I&#039m really new to this.

&nbsp;<BR> Hi Rob<BR><BR> Please refer "ASP unleashed" by stephen walther in that<BR> book u will be able to find the precise explanation.You can<BR> check it out in www.aspsite.com also...<BR><BR> Arvind.