Executing scheduled ASP scripts with NT

Thread: Executing scheduled ASP scripts with NT

Default Executing scheduled ASP scripts with NT

Does anyone know if you can set NT up to execute ASP pages on a schedule? I know you can use the schedule tasks feature to execute batch or .exe files.<BR>Rick

Default RE: Executing scheduled ASP scripts with NT

dont get your hopes up, i dont know (yet) but i have been asking that question for a while, if you do get an answer could you email me with it ? if i find out i will come back here and post it.<BR><BR>cfo26@allstate.com<BR><BR>thanks

Pete Nelson Guest

You could create a Windows Scripting Host file, which is nearly the same as an ASP page, and run it with CSCRIPT.EXE on a schedule with the AT service.

Any suggestions on where to find more information on how to do this?<BR>Rick

Another idea is to get one of those scheduling activex objects that I&#039ve seen around.. look for components on some of the better ASP pages (www.learnasp.com to start... I probably saw it on asphole.com though). <BR><BR>Windows Scripting host information should be *somewhere* on msdn, and is included as part of the IIS documentation. Basically you write a vb script and save it to some vbs file.