Filtering Problems

Thread: Filtering Problems

Nathan Masek Guest

Default Filtering Problems

When I try to do this:<BR><BR>---------------------<BR>While Not objmfg.EOF<BR> objeim.filter = "Part_No = " & objmfg("Mfg_Part_No")<BR> Response.Write objmfg("Mfg_Part)<BR> Response.Write objeim("Track_No") <BR> objeim.filter = adFilternone<BR> objrfs.movenext<BR>Wend<BR>---------------------<BR><BR>I get this mesage:<BR>"Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record."<BR><BR>This works fine if I take out the:<BR>objeim.filter = "Part_No = " & objrfs("Mfg_Part_No")<BR>So it has something to do with the filter and the objmfg.<BR>Does anyone know why I would be getting this message and/or how I can fix it. I tried using the SEEK method ( but I am not quite sure how. Anyway.<BR>If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it.<BR><BR>- Thanks<BR>- Nathan Masek

Default RE: Filtering Problems

I&#039m not following you very well. In the code you show us, you have:<BR>While Not objmfg.EOF<BR>objeim.filter = "Part_No = " & objmfg("Mfg_Part_No")<BR>Response.Write objmfg("Mfg_Part)<BR>Response.Write objeim("Track_No") <BR>objeim.filter = adFilternone<BR>objrfs.movenext<BR>Wend<BR><BR>But then you say it works fine without:<BR>objeim.filter = "Part_No = " & objrfs("Mfg_Part_No")<BR><BR>Where was this line of code? I see this:<BR>objeim.filter = "Part_No = " & objmfg("Mfg_Part_No")<BR><BR>What is objrfs? Perhaps that recordset doesn&#039t contain any records. If objmfg were a problem, you wouldn&#039t get past your while condition without that getting that error.

Nathan Masek Guest

Default RE: Filtering Problems

Sorry, I figured it out.<BR><BR>The problem was in my SQL statement.<BR><BR>The two objects ojbmfg and objrfs should have been the same<BR><BR>Anyway.<BR><BR>-Thanks<BR>-Nathan Masek